3-1: Human Population Trends and Controlling
Short Summaries of Recent Research
Can China Afford to Continue
Its One-Child Policy? (Download full PDF
Population Through History: 1 AD to 2020
Press Briefing on World Population Trends
- Freshwater stress: Current population
Population Policy: Consensus and Challenges.
Current planet population: Updated every 30 seconds.
Fertility, mortality, and population growth rates.
- Haub, Carl,
Global and US National Population Trends.
The Demographic and Population Studies - WWW Virtual Library. Provided
by the Australian National University.
Fourth World Women's Conference, Beijing, April 1995.
1994 UN Population and Development Conference (Cairo).
- Can The World Be FED?
World's declining fertility rate.
- Population Peak
- Global Environmental Trends
Population and Development
- Bartlett, A.A., 2004: Thoughts on long-term
energy supplies: Scientists and the silent lie. Physics Today,
July, pp 53-55.
- Nicholls, R.J., and C.
Small, 2002: Improved estimates of coastal population and exposure to
hazards released. EOS, 83, 301-305.
- Lutz, W., W. Sanderson, and S. Scherbov, 2001: The end of world population growth.
Nature, 412, 543-545.
- Bongaarts, J., 1998: Demographic consequences of declining fertility.
Science, 282, 419-420.
- Cohen, Joel E., 1995: Population Growth and Earth's Human
Carrying Capacity. Science, 269, 341-346.
- Dietz, Thomas, and Eugene A. Rosa., 1994: Rethinking the
Environmental Impacts of Population, Affluence and Technology. Human Ecology
Review, 1, Summer/Autumn, 277-300.
Population Growth, technical atlas,
(Download Adobe Acrobat
Refugees, technical atlas, WFS.
Rural and urban populations, technical atlas, WFS.