Lakes Disappearing, Climate Scientists Say
Intergovernmental Panel on
Engulfing Alaskan Village
Carbon Sequestration R&D
Ocean Sequestration Research
Carbon Capture Research
Oxygen Depletion in Coastal Waters
Potential climate changes
mountain vegetation zones
Changing Climate May Hurt Less Developed Countries, Help Developed Ones
Projected Impacts of Climate Change. (through
Potential Impacts of Sea-Level Rise on Populations and Agriculture from the
Sustainable Development Dept. (SD), Food and Agriculture Organization of the United
- Cherry. M., 2005:
Ministers agree to action warnings of soaring temperatures in Africa.
Nature, 437, 1217.
- Thomas, D. S. G., M. Knight, and G. F. S. Wiggs, 2005:
Remobilization of southern African desert dune systems by twenty-first
century global warming. Nature, 435, 1218-1221.
- Parmesan, C. and H.
Galbraith, 2004: Observed
impacts of global climate change in the U.S. (PDF file)
- Barker, T., 2003: Representing global climate change,
adaptation and mitigation. Global Environmental Change, 13(1),
- Adger, W.N., S. Huq, K. Brown, D. Conway, and M. Hulme, 2003:
Adaptation to climate change in the developing world. Progress in Development
Studies, 3(3), 179-195.
- Sillett, T. S., R. T. Holmes, and W. T. Sherry, 2000: Impacts of a
global climate cycle on population dynamics of a migratory songbird.
Science, 288, 2040-2042.
- Winnet, Steven M., 1998: Potential effects of climate change on US forests:
a review. Climate Research, 11, 39-49.
- Johnston, K., M., and O. J. Schmitz, 1997:
Wildlife and climate change: assessing the sensitivity of selected species to simulated doubling of
atmspheric CO2. Global Change Biology 3, 531-544.
- Strzepek, K. M., and J. B. Smith, 1995: As Climate Changes: International
Impacts and Implications. Cambridge University Press. 213 pp.
(Topics include world food supply, complex river basins, global sea-level rise,
human health, global forests, impacts on Egypt, and adaptation policy).