Waves-Weather Presentation - Guidelines
Points/questions to cover
(a) Recent behavior
(b) Forecasted behavior
- How have extratropical, large-scale waves evolved over the past
several days in the Northern Hemisphere (NH) and Southern Hemisphere
- More specifically, what wave number(s) have been prominent and
how have they moved?
- Have there been any prominent stationary features in the waves?
- How has overall wave evolution played a role in our recent
(c) Related behavior
- What are the forecasted movements of troughs and ridges
associated with these waves?
- What weather changes may be expected over the next couple of days
in a Southern Hemisphere region (e.g., southern South America, South
Africa, Australia, Antarctica)?
- How do forecasts from different sources compare?
(d) Raising additional points beyond these will produce extra credit.
- Where are the maxima in the zonal average zonal wind in both the
NH and SH?
- How have the maxima evolved over the past few days?
- What are the differences between the NH and SH?
- How have the maxima been evolving since the start of the course?
Rubric for Evaluating Waves-Wx Presentations
Go to Mteor
454 home page