No Events Yet...
Have a happy and safe summer! Fall 2014 classes begin on Monday, August 25th.
Other events may be found
on the Event Calendar.
Click here to check it out!
Opportunities and Career Guidance
- Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REUs)
- Member Scholarships and Internships
- Contact students who have received these scholarships or completed these internships.
- Iowa State LAS Career Services
- AMS Career Center
- AMS Bachelor's Degree in Atmospheric Science Guide
- AMS Certification Programs
- AMS Seal of Approval, Certified Broadcast Meteorologist, Certified Consulting Meteorologist
- The Broadcast Meteorology Employment Field
- BAMS article discussing market statistics for broadcast meteorology.
- Surveys of Broadcast Meteorology Alumni
- Board for Private Sector Meteorologists
- National Council of Industrial Meteorologists
- National Weather Service Careers
- NWS student employment programs, job openings, and qualifications.
- National Weather Association Job Corner
- NWA list of current job openings, along with specific job descriptions.
- Applying to the NWS
- Chris Schaffer's guide to applying to the National Weather Service
- University Corporation for Atmospheric Research (UCAR/NCAR)
- Opportunities for undergraduates (SOARS, AMS Scholarships), graduates, and post-docs. Also resources for students and professionals (COMET, Unidata)
- NCAR Research Applications Laboratory
- Resource list for water, climate and society programs
- NOAA Student Opportunities
- NOAA scholarships, internships, fellowships, and special opportunities.
- What Does it Take to Get into Graduate School?
- BAMS article discussing a survey of Atmospheric Science programs