No Events Yet...
Have a happy and safe summer! Fall 2013 classes begin Monday, August 26.
Other events may be found
on the Event Calendar.
Click here to check it out!
Opportunities and Career Guidance
- Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REUs)
- Member Scholarships and Internships
- Contact students who have received these scholarships or completed these internships.
- Iowa State LAS Career Services
- AMS Career Center
- AMS Bachelor's Degree in Atmospheric Science Guide
- Whatever-Weather.com - Meteorology job listings
- AMS Certification Programs
- AMS Seal of Approval, Certified Broadcast Meteorologist, Certified Consulting Meteorologist
- The Broadcast Meteorology Employment Field
- BAMS article discussing market statistics for broadcast meteorology.
- Surveys of Broadcast Meteorology Alumni
- Board for Private Sector Meteorologists
- National Council of Industrial Meteorologists
- National Weather Service Careers
- NWS student employment programs, job openings, and qualifications.
- National Weather Association Job Corner
- NWA list of current job openings, along with specific job descriptions.
- Applying to the NWS
- Chris Schaffer's guide to applying to the National Weather Service
- University Corporation for Atmospheric Research (UCAR/NCAR)
- Opportunities for undergraduates (SOARS, AMS Scholarships), graduates, and post-docs. Also resources for students and professionals (COMET, Unidata)
- NCAR Research Applications Laboratory
- Resource list for water, climate and society programs
- NOAA Student Opportunities
- NOAA scholarships, internships, fellowships, and special opportunities.
- What Does it Take to Get into Graduate School?
- BAMS article discussing a survey of Atmospheric Science programs